Thursday, April 26, 2012

Still Going Bananas

For lunch today, the kids and I had chicken nuggets with the nutrient-rich side of macaroni & cheese. Tonight we're going to McDonald's. Every time I eat now, I lament that it may be the last time I eat that particular meal. I try to enjoy the crunch of the baked-on batter and the salty creaminess of the cheese sauce. When we were at Mickey-Dee's last weekend, I actually took my waiting time to look around the lobby and soak in the atmosphere. I thought of how I may never stand in that spot again with desire in my heart. And no, a McDonald's salad does not produce "desire in my heart."

Saturday I drove to the Dells for a meeting. And as I passed the many fields of cattle, I looked at all the big, stupid cows standing on the precious commodity of fertile earth. I wondered how much more of the world we could feed if we eliminated farm animals. But then I considered how much I love me some Texas Roadhouse. Oh the complicated life of me.

While Jeremiah and I made a pretty good dent in our browning bananas yesterday, there were still 4 hopefuls left hanging over my fruit basket. Coincidentally, I had the opportunity to watch my niece Malia for a few hours today. I can think of no better way to bond with a 5-year-old girl than to bake together. So bake we did. And yes, banana muffins were again on the docket. This time I followed a recipe I have for blueberry banana muffins. This recipe has oil (unlike the others) and used honey as a sweetener. Still no dairy or sugar. This one was the best of the three so far (I don't remember which website I picked up the recipe, but I can get cha a recipe upon request).

I also went to Target today and picked up a cuter binder to keep my recipes in. The recycled one I had started with was breaking, and the top ring of the "3 rings" didn't hold the pages when I turned them. That was a little irritating (to keep it G-rated). Anyway, I am posting my first ever blog photo, because I really like the dumb thing :)

2 comments:

  1. You should start up a regular (non-Facebook) blog and start posting things about your journey along with recipes that you find that you like. Could be an interesting journey. If you're interested, I could fain out the sites used by a couple of friends of mine here who blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, this is a regular non-Facebook blog :)

      I also put links to the recipes I used on the blog before this one. It doesn't look like a normal link. It's just a word that's a different color than the rest of the words, and you can click on the word to get to the link. I didn't put a link in this particular one, because I can't remember which site I got it from.

      Thanks :)

      Delete