Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And It Starts

Well yesterday was all about binging on sugar, meat and dairy. And since it was coincidentally my birthday (yes, we most certainly DID plan it that way), most of the excess was in the beautiful form of "free." After trashing my body yesterday, I went to bed thinking, "I'm ready to have salad for lunch tomorrow."

Today is day 1 of the vegan life. It's actually going pretty well. That is if you consider feeling every moment on the cusp of starvation "pretty well." Apparently a person can ingest an unthinkable level of almonds, veggies and water and still not feel full. Hey, right now I'd settle for "not hungry" even.

I have heard that this is how it starts, so I'm not concerned. But I am uncomfortable :)

Rodney is going in this afternoon to get his blood work taken. That's the part I'm most interested in. I'm not necessarily excited about the results from today, but what the second lab work shows when this is all done.

Boy, wouldn't cha know, all this blogging has stirred up my appetite. I'm going to go rummage through my fridge brimming with produce to see what I haven't repeatedly tasted already today.

Oh, I almost forgot pictures!!

First is Rod's final burger: his rendition of "Juicy Lucy." It's the size of his plate, bigger than the bread, and loaded with cheese packed into the middle of it :)

Next is just to prove that it was bigger than the bread. And that isn't little square Wonder bread either, folks.

After that is Rodney with his last burger and of course Mtn. Dew.

Then my beautiful plate of thick, amazing, wonderful, tender ribs. Mmmmm. . . happy birthday to me!

Lastly, Ness & I went shopping this morning. I was amazed at the sheer amount of JUST fruits & veggies that I had purchased. So I took a picture to share with ya'll. Here ye be.






1 comment:

  1. Bananas tend to be filling and don't forget to use spices and herbs with your veggies because they help give you that 'just eaten' feeling. Cinnamon also helps in this are. Lot's of luck!

    ReplyDelete