Monday, May 7, 2012

Date Night

This morning, we tried *gulp* oatmeal. Ish. I cringe and turn away just mentioning the concept. I used rolled oats and added vanilla, cinnamon, diced apples, plain almond milk (Aldi's is the best), and pure maple syrup. It was surprisingly tolerable. Ezra LOVED it-- like ice cream. Crazy kid. Jeremiah bolted to the garbage to rid his pallet of the stuff. And Aspen was already at school, though I'm sure her response would have had Jeremiah fighting for his spot at the refuse depot.

Anyway, last night marked our first date night as vegans. It was a little disappointing to have the "restaurant" option revoked. One of the major perks of "date night" for me is wiggling out of the responsibility of cooking and, consequently, doing dishes.

But.

The money we didn't spend on food, we were able to put towards going to a movie theater. That's right. A movie theater. I had mostly sworn off the option of ever doing "dinner & a movie" again because it's so dang blasted expensive! First we spend $30 on a meal (which is a little low for my appetizer-necessitated husband). Next it's $20 just get to get in the door of the theater. Don't even talk to me about the rip-off of popcorn. I theorize that they lace it with cocaine, making it addictive and allowing for jacked up prices. But that's just me. Also, if we have to get a paid babysitter (instead of one of my amazing family members), we add another $20 or so. Then dates never happen. And that's just not good for anyone.

Wow, that was a rant. Long story short, we got to see a movie somewhere other than the Rivoli, which was nice :) A perk to being vegan.

We spent the first part of our date strolling through Woodman's. I thought I'd take Rodney down the hippie aisles so he could see what was there and share my struggle a bit. We actually ended up walking out with this drink (and of course, more V8):


It's fitting for us because Rodney calls me "Cutie" all the time :) Anyway, it has the same consistency as Naked juice. And it is YUMMY :) In case anyone is wondering, it wasn't in the hippie aisle. It was in the produce section, against the wall closet to the "white floor tile" part of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment